Nov 27, 2009

How it all went down...

Since both of our families live out of town I though it would be fun to do a little photo montage of how Ansley's birthday went.
11/13- 6:30am
Water breaks as soon as I wake up. Time to call the Doctor. She tells us to head down to L&D. It's go time! At the Hospital. Getting checked in. Sweet gown! Dr says I'm 2cm dilated. Now we are just waiting for something to happen. If my contractions don't get started in next 12 hours they will start me on pitocin. The nurse checking in on us. Even though my water broke, contractions weren't really starting so we had a lot of waiting to do. Hamish worked. I relaxed Did a little Internet browsing (thank God for free WiFi) We hung out and went on lots of walks to try speeding things along (which didn't work..boo) Hamish had a craving for a root beer float later in the night so went across the street in search of RB and ice cream. YUM! I got put on pitocin at about 8pm and within a few hours I was 5cm. Here I am giving the hi-5! Even though I don't look excited I was because I knew it was epidural time!

Got some drugs = got some sleep. Finally. The nurses said that when I was fully dilated you would be able to see it on my face. I think this pic says it all...10cm and time to push! After 1.5 hours of pushing...shes here!

11/14/09 - 9:50am

Sweet Ansley

2 comments:

Kathy said...

This is great - I love how you have posts throughout the day and not just for the big moment.

Arlo said...

Congrats to you and Hamish! Can't wait to meet her!!!

Post a Comment